17 Surefire Ways to Get Fat REALLY Fast
Are you tired of being skinny, in shape, and fit? Do you want to get fat really fast? I know it must be real irritating having so much energy, getting compliments all the time about how good you look, rarely ever getting sick, and feeling great every single day. So I have compiled a list of the top 15 ways to get fat really fast, you know, just in case…
Start by eating really bad:
1. Eat at fast food restaurants as often as possible. It is convenient right? So why not. Great places to choose from are McDonald’s, Burger King, and Taco Bell. Always supersize.
2. If you want a fancier meal be sure to go to Chili’s and order this for dinner:
Appetizer Trio (eating only half as there will probably be someone with you) = 966 calories
Jalapeno Smokehouse Burger = 2130 calories
Chocolate Chip Paradise Pie Dessert = 1290
Total calories consumed = 4386 calories
Total fat gained on your body = 1.25 pounds
3. Drink lots of alcohol. Consume at least a 12 pack of beer or 5 Margaritas on a daily basis. You could gain around a half a pound every day. Read the rest of 17 Surefire Ways to Get Fat REALLY Fast
Fox of the Month – Todd Gerringer
I have some of the most awesome clients ever! It's true, and because of that I want to share with you some of their fantastic success stories. So each month I'll be picking someone to spotlight and this month it's Todd Gerringer!! Way to go Todd (your trainer is proud)!
Todd has lost 22 lbs since starting with Get Foxy Boot Camp and the online Get Foxy Fit Club over 2 months ago! Can't you tell the amazing difference in his face above??!! If not you may want to consider a new pair of eyeglasses…But, anyway, Todd's clothes are looser, he has more energy, and just feels all around better. And to top it all off Todd used to have regular headaches which now are a rare occasion! Read the rest of Fox of the Month – Todd Gerringer
6 Top Tips for a Healthy Future
A Guest Post By Amber Paley
We all want to be healthy as we age, and that’s probably one of the reasons you’re on this website. Here are some tips to ensure you are healthy now and later.
Take Care of Your Skin
Properly maintaining your skin isn’t just about vanity, it’s also about your health. Your skin provides protection to your body; it protects our internal body, controls our body’s temperature, and keeps substances harmful to our body from entering it. Given that, it is imperative that we keep our skin healthy. Ask any dermatologist how to maintain healthy skin and they’ll tell you this: LOTS OF SUNSCREEN and moisturizer. Sunscreen usage is key to maintaining healthy skin and it prevents skin cancers. Moisturizer helps replenish your skin, especially your top layer (the epidermis), and the layer of oil, i.e. the stratum corneum, that protects the epidermis. As we get older, our skin thins and becomes less protective to our bodies; it is thus important that we keep it as healthy as possible. Read the rest of 6 Top Tips for a Healthy Future
Get a Foxy Body with Goal Setting
Sometimes getting started with a fitness program can be quite overwhelming even if you’ve exercised in the past. There are so many questions: What do I do? How do I begin? What about weight training? How many days should I exercise? And the many more questions you may have.
Whether you goal is to lose weight, tone up, or simply lead a healthier lifestyle, a sound diet and exercise program is important, but setting health and fitness goals for yourself are one of the first and most important steps for long term success and to guide you when designing and implementing your new program.
So today we'll focus on setting goals. It's important to have a roadmap guiding you where you want to go. It’s also important to track your progress along the way so you know you are moving in the right direction. Goals will help you to do this. So let's get started!
The rest of this article is for members only. If you are a member, please sign in on the side bar. If you are not a member, you can join by clicking here. Read the rest of Members Only! Get a Foxy Body With Goal Setting
5 Tips To Lose Holiday Weight Gain
If you are like most people, keeping your waistline in check over the last few weeks has been a challenge. With holiday parties and erratic schedules your diet has probably not been what one would exactly call healthy. And on top of that, hectic schedules and well even just gloomy, cold weather can leave you unmotivated to workout. So now is the time to get back on track with your diet and fitness routine so you can start to lose unwanted holiday weight gain and get back into shape. Here are a few tips to get you headed in the right direction:
1. Toss the crap. If sugar cookies, chocolate candy, and egg nog have been your main food source for the last few weeks it’s time to clean up your diet. If you have any of these foods left in your house it may be a good idea to toss them in the trash. There’s no need to have the temptation lying around when you are trying to eat healthy again. So toss any unhealthy leftovers, and instead hit the store for some healthy fruits, veggies, nuts, lean meats, and whole grains. Read the rest of 5 Tips To Lose Holiday Weight Gain
How to Avoid Looking Stupid on Your Bike
By Carol Montrose
There are many reasons that people come back to their bicycles after years of neglecting them in favor of motorized transportation. For one thing, most adults prefer the ease of driving to the effort of cycling. Then there are the time restraints that come with having a job and a family, the morning and evening commute to consider, and the fact that hauling kids and groceries is pretty hard to do on a bicycle. However, as the years go by and you gain a few pounds, or you hear about the global warming crisis on the news, or you calculate just how much you’re spending on your automobile, you may start to think about your dusty old bike and how it could be put to good use in order to improve your overall health and fitness, as well as the state of the environment (and your wallet). In short, there are a lot of good reasons to pull your bike out of the garage. But you may be a little worried about how you’re going to perform after so many years of driving motor vehicles. The phrase “it’s like riding a bike” didn’t come from nowhere. It’s one of those skills that you can pick up again even after years of non-participation. However, that doesn’t mean you can pop wheelies and ride with no hands like you did when you were young. If you want to save yourself from looking stupid when you hop back on your bike, take it slow until you get into the rhythm of riding again. Practice safety first by riding around the block, testing the brakes, and using your hand signals (do you even remember them?). This will ensure that when you actually get back out into traffic you can hold your own rather than causing a wreck. Read the rest of How to Avoid Looking Stupid on Your Bike
3 Not So Typical Reasons to Lose Weight
So I'm sure you know the many reasons why it's important to lose weight. It helps prevent diseases such as diabetes, cancer, osteoarthritis, or heart conditions .It can aid with current conditions such as high blood pressure or metabolic syndrome.You'll definitely look better and feel better and heck even fit into an outfit that's been hiding in the back of your closet for years.But here are a few other not so typical reasons to lose weight you may not know about…
1. Your Health and Life Insurance Rates May Be Lowered. Now who doesn't want to save some money?! Many health and life insurance companies are now offering lower rates if you are within a healthy weight range. So why not dust off the old treadmill and start dropping some pounds so you can have more money for…hmmm…maybe a new workout outfit?!
2. You'll Be More Comfortable. There's a lot of different ways I could go with this one. For instance, have you ever walked up a flight of stairs and felt out of breath? Or got embarrassed by trying to fit into a tight spot like a movie theater seat or airplane seat? Or maybe you'd just feel better and more comfortable with yourself if you were a few sizes smaller or could wear that sexy dress you've been eye balling. One way or another losing weight will make you more comfortable and that will put you in a better mood and increase your self-esteem.
3. Enjoy More Activities You Couldn't Before. Have you ever felt left out because your friends or family members were doing something such as going for a hike or some other fun activity, but you didn't participate because honestly you knew you were too out of shape? Well by exercising regularly, getting in shape, and dropping those extra pounds over time you'll be able to enjoy more activities that you could before, and next time you won't have to be left out. Read the rest of 3 Not So Typical Reasons to Lose Weight