I’m always on the go, so I like to have easy on the go high protein snacks handy at all times.
If you’re used to grabbing a quick carby snack such as a granola bar, bag or chips or crackers, or just a piece of fruit, then chances are you may notice it doesn’t really sustain your appetite nor does it give you the energy you need throughout your day.
Protein on the other hand, especially when combined with some healthy fats, will keep you fuller longer and leave you full of energy.
So here are my top 10 favorite high protein snacks that are easy to grab and go:
- Tuna packets
- Hard boiled eggs
- Organic plain Greek yogurt with fruit or nuts
- Organic cottage cheese with fruit or tomatoes
- Nuts, seeds, or create a fun combination with a healthy trail mix
- Nut butter packets with celery, crackers, fruit, or plain rice cakes
- Nitrate free, chemical free, low sugar beef, pork, or turkey jerky
- Deli roll up made with nitrate free lunch meat and organic cheese
- Healthy homemade protein bars such as these Chocolate Protein Bars or these Oatmeal Peanut Butter Bars
- Protein shakes or smoothies such as this German Chocolate Cake Smoothie or this Cinnamon Roll Protein Smoothie
What is your favorite high protein snack? Leave a comment below and let me know!