Easy Egg Sandwich Recipe
This is one of my all time favorite recipes because it's super easy and fast to make (less than 10 minutes!) So if you are on the go this is a great way to get a healthy, balance breakfast that's much better for you than a McDonald's McMuffin! Ingredients:
- Olive Oil Spray
- 2-4 Eggs
- Diced Green or Colored Peppers and Onions
- Toasted Whole Grain English Muffin or Bread
- Lowfat Cheese
- Salt & Pepper
- Lightly spray the inside of a small bowl with olive oil spray to keep the egg from sticking.
- Break two eggs into the bowl. You can keep the egg yolks in or scoop them out for a higher protein, lower fat breakfast.
- Sprinkle in onions, green or colored peppers, salt, and pepper.
- Mix the eggs and other ingredients together with a fork.
- Cook the egg in microwave for approximately 1:15 or until thoroughly cooked.
- Lightly spray your toasted English Muffin or bread with olive oil spray.
- Add the cooked egg to the muffin.
- For an extra protein punch you can also mix up and cook another egg patty to add to the sandwich! Just repeat steps 1-5 above.
- Add sliced cheese to the sandwich and voila! Enjoy!